Friday, May 16, 2008

A nice Rhoddy bush. We have several of these in our back yard (smaller ones) This weekend is the big annual festival up in Florence. If you get this far into the blog, you will have seen the pictures I'll post tomorrow. A little side note. Back in 1952 my brother owned a small commercial trawler and fished out of Winchester Bay. A couple hundred yards from where this picture was taken. I rode a Greyhound bus over here from Grants Pass to go fishing with him. Lasted about 2 days, was so sick I knew I'd die. One of the trolling poles broke, and he had to hold on to it or lose it, so I had to steer the boat with him shouting directions. I said I'd NEVER go out on the ocean again. Well I sort of forgot about that trip, and 8 years later joined the Coast Guard. 31 years after that I decided to retire from it..never did get over getting seasick

No comments: